How can people complete the census?
- Online using the internet or a cell phone,
- Over the telephone, by calling the census call center listed on the census card,
- Using a paper form, or
- By responding to a census enumerator.
What questions will be asked?
10 questions, 10 minutes per person
- Phone Number
- Hispanic Origin
- Relationship to householder
- Household tenure (own/rent)
- Number of persons in the household
- Does a person usually stay or live somewhere else?
The U.S. Census Bureau will never share a respondent's personal information with other government agencies.
DID YOU KNOW...
Census counts are used in distributing over $13.1 billion in federal funds per year in Colorado this translates to about $2,300 per person per year.
Those dollars help fund:
- Title 1 grants to educational agencies
- Head Start programs
- Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
- Transportation (public transit, road rehabilitation, & construction)
- Emergency food & shelter
- Health & human services programs
LEARN ABOUT THE CENSUS:
- Colorado Census 2020 Website: bit.ly/countingfordollars
- Read The 2020 Census at a Glance: bit.ly/censusataglance
- Follow the U.S. Census Bureau: How to Support the 2020 Census: bit.ly/supportcensus2020
- Review the Census 2020 Planning Documents: bit.ly/planningdocs2020
- Learn about the Census Statistics in Schools Program: bit.ly/censusstatsinschools
- Counting for Dollars, Colorado: bit.ly/countingfordollars