Welcome to Akron Fishing Pond
- Pond Rules | Click Here
- Open daily from 5 AM to 11 PM.
- No swimming or wading.
- No gas-powered boat engines.
- No unattended fires. Fires allowed only in designated fireplaces or grills.
- Pets must be under control of owner & not disruptive to visitors.
* Owners MUST clean up pet excrement.
- All State of Colorado fishing laws apply.
- No fishing with minnows.
- Life vests required if on water – NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
- Keep motorized vehicles on maintained roads or designated parking areas.
- U.A.V. operators must be licensed and in accordance with
- FAA regulations.
You must have a permit issued by the Town of Akron to do any of the following in or on park premises:
• Overnight camping
• Using amplified sound system
• Selling any goods or services
The following are PROHIBITED:
- Glass Containers
- Hunting or recreational shooting
- Moving fish from one body of water to another! Anyone caught moving fish illegally may be fined $5,000, held responsible for costs of eradication or removal, & could lose hunting or fishing privileges.
- Misuse or destruction of any park property
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF FISHING ACTIVITIES BOTH ON & OFF THE WATER.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION KEEPING YOUR POND CLEAN & SAFE.
VANDALS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Washington County Sheriff: 911 or (970) 345-2244
Town of Akron: (970) 345-2624
Updated by Town of Akron | 05/11/2021 | Entries Due by May 26 at 5 PM
Akron Pond Beautification Project. The Town of Akron has three trash containers at the Akron pond surrounded by concrete barriers. The Town would like local artists to submit mural design examples. Submissions may be hand-delivered or emailed to email@example.com
For more details: Akron Pond Beautification Flyer
Updated by UTA | 01/11/2021
The Town of Akron has partnered with the University Technical Assistance(UTA) Program at Colorado Center for Community Development (CCCD) at CU Denver to provide planning & design services to the Town of Akron, for the Akron Pond Revitalization Project. | Akron Pond Revitalization Survey.
Updated by CPW | 01/11/2021
Colorado Parks and Wildlife's (CPW) Wray, Pueblo, and Las Animas Hatcheries will stock fish in Akron Pond between May and August 2021, as fish become available. CPW's warm-water hatcheries do not have the rearing space to raise catchable-sized warm water fish. Redear Sunfish and Largemouth Bass one to three inches in length, and Channel Catfish three to eight inches in length will be stocked. Therefore, anglers should not expect to catch these fish right away. It will take the hatchery stocked fish a few years to grow to catchable sizes. Unfortunately, that is just part of the process when a new pond is built. That said, CPW plans to salvage Redear Sunfish and Smallmouth Bass from other waters and stock those in Akron Pond beginning in May 2021 to provide angling opportunities in the interim. Some of these fish will be large enough to catch, and some Smallmouth Bass may even meet the minimum size limit of 15 inches. The public is welcome to fish the pond anytime, but keep in mind that it takes time to build a quality fishery, so catch rates may be low for some time until the stocked fish have a chance to grow. If we use the right stocking strategy, and give the fish time to grow, fishing should be great for years to come.
CPW stocked 48 redear sunfish & 7 turtles on October 9, 2020.