Akron, Colorado | Public Works Departments:
WATER & WASTEWATER:
- Provides operation, maintenance, and servicing of the water treatment distribution system, wastewater management, and ensures safe water and protection of public health and the environment.
Water Quality Reports for Akron
BULK WATER AVAILABLE | $20.00 PER 1,000 GALLONS Call Town of Akron at (970) 345-2624 to setup an account.
- Provides construction, maintenance and repairs of streets, alleys, sidewalks, rights-of-way, parking lots, bridges, diversion structures, storm drain systems and irrigation ditches, performs snow removal and street cleaning, heavy equipment operation, as well as maintenance and inventory of fleet vehicles and equipment.
- 2022 50/50 Town Sidewalk Program - The deadline for application submission is March 31st, 2022.
- Provides routine garbage collection within the town limits for commercial and residential applications. Special collections are available, call Town Hall for more information (970) 345-2624.
- Trash Map Schedule
MONDAY: Green TUESDAY: Pink
WEDNESDAY: Purple THURSDAY: Blue
- On the day of your route, please have your trash out by 7:00 AM.
If your trash day is on a holiday that the Town of Akron is closed, please have your trash out the following business day at 7:00 AM.
Landfill maintained by Washington County. Please see link for details. *Added fees may apply if the town of Akron collects extra items.
FREE TREE DUMP
Tree branches, grass clippings, and natural materials ONLY!!! NO palettes and furniture! Located East on Highway 34, South on County Road DD, through the draw and is on the East side.
- Provides maintenance; construction; and repairs of; parks, playgrounds, open spaces, and municipal buildings.
See Park Rules
PUBLIC WORKS HOURS:
Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday - Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
PUBLIC WORKS STAFF:
Shane Watson | Public Works Director
Steve Vasquez | Water/Wastewater
Noel Guy | Parks
Allen Scholes | Streets & Cemetery
Scott Severin | Streets & Sanitation
Devin Thorn | Sanitation
Brad Rhea | Sanitation
Jessie Crider | Sanitation
Akron Public Works employees are in the field most of the work day. If you have any questions or concerns for Public Works please try the numbers above or call Town Hall to leave a message. (970) 345-2624